Single gay

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Flight Of Aquavit

That is the title of the book I am reading chapter 7seven of now. One good thing my councilor has helped me with is to ignite my desire to read.

I thoroughly enjoyed Anthony Bidulka's first book Amuse BouchE (French for Appetizer.) That book was a mystery about a gay wedding gone bad. An unsullied reputation at risk, enter Russel Quant cute, gay and a rookie private eye. With a nose for good wine and bad lies. Quant is off to France on his first big case. Tracking the runaway groom that is enjoying the honeymoon itinerary with out the man that planned it.

Flight of Aquavit. excerpt from the back cover

At the dead end of a desolate country road, a late night meeting suddenly becomes an ambush. Gay private detective Russel Quant is faced with personal threats he can't ignore, a friend who may be a foe and a cagey client with a treacherous monkey on his back.
As Quant trails a menacing blackmailer known only as Loverboy, he finds himself immersed in the midnight world of e-dating and parking lot romance.

An example of the style of his writing that has garnered my interest
"I fought my way through the bundled up an package-laden pedestrians until I reached a large sign hoisted high above the street level displaying a single "g" on a rich cream-coloured background. I had arrived at gatt.
Named after it's bon vivant owner, my friend and personal Auntie Mame, Anthony Gatt, gatt is a high-end menswear store from where for a price, even the most slovenly can emerge a gentleman of breeding and exquisite taste. ..."

"No, no, no, no." he began speaking as he walked towards me, the intonation growing in volume and intensity with each repetition of the word. I can't have you in here like that.... or at leas I can't have you leaving like that."
I looked down. It certainly wasn't the coat. I had purchased it at gatt only a couple of months ago. Had it gone out of style already...

It had to be the pants. Nice cotton khakis. What's the problem?
"So boring I could pass out" Anthony said with a convincing yawn as he held forth a pair of pants he'd grabbed seemingly out of thin air. "

I have yet to purchase Anthony's third book "Tapas on the Ramblas," and I hear his fourth book is about to be released in Vancouver. I am entertaining the notion of flying to Vancouver for a vacation timed with the release of his fourth book and possibly snagging a personally autographed copy.

bye for now



My favorite Blogs:

  • Meet gay

  • Gay datings

  • Single gay

  • Meet single gay

  • Single gay personals

  • Meet gay friend

  • Gay datings

  • Meet single gay

  • Single gay personals

  • gay lover

  • single gays

  • meet single gay



  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home